The Combine Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a supplier that was on the forum here that sold pre-assembled boiler kits for shops. Need to convert the hot water tanks in my shop to a boiler system and looking for a do it yourself package. Looked for the thread but no success.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Most any hydronic heating supplier will draw up a plan and equipment list for you. I’ve dealt with EMCO on my house and Bartle&Gibson when we switched our shop from oil to natural gas.

Both were easy to deal with.

·
Premium Member
5,609 Posts
I think the people you are looking for is Heat Inocations as suggested above. I did not use them because of cost and I wanted different component but they supply boards with a lot of the components on them. The biggest decision is what type of boiler and the size of boiler. The copper boilers last 10 years, stainless 20 years and titanium coated stainless lasts 30 years. For pumps look at the permanent magnet pump - grunfos and others have them. They are close to the same price and use a lot less power to run. Lot of boiler guys do not even know about them. The pumps we have use 14-40 watts to run depending on the size.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looking for a supplier that was on the forum here that sold pre-assembled boiler kits for shops. Need to convert the hot water tanks in my shop to a boiler system and looking for a do it yourself package. Looked for the thread but no success.
Thanks in advance.
Check out the boards and boilers on Menards.com . I have 5 setups in use around me and they were about half the cost of anything else available in western Canada (both premade or piece built).
Not sure how far you are from Minot, ND and if there is any way you could get across or have it shipped to you.,

·
Registered
232 Posts
Check out the boards and boilers on Menards.com . I have 5 setups in use around me and they were about half the cost of anything else available in western Canada (both premade or piece built).
Not sure how far you are from Minot, ND and if there is any way you could get across or have it shipped to you.,

BOILER AND PANEL COMBO

·
Registered
270 Posts
As Dieselburner11 mentioned> Heat Innovations in Winkler do a good job. Will build what ever you need.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks in advance.
don't know about suppliers, but i found this useful steam site that has a massive catalog, along with this handy training section...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Thanks in advance.
Are you going electric or gas?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok, if it was electric, I've made some of my own (up to 19kw) using 2" pipe. They're small, cheap and can be screwed to a wall anywhere. Gas is another story.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
I would like to hear about the home made setup. I have been talking to heat innovations about an electric one for a 1600sqft shed.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I hope this picture explains it. I did one like this as an open system. Made a bracket and screwed it on the wall. I make covers to cover the electrical. Basically used scraps I had laying around. Did 2 heater (single element) setups using 2" threaded pipe with appropriate threaded ends to make it work. If you make a closed system make sure you put a HWT pressure relief valve in. I use one of my single element ones in my basement floor heat. It's not CSA approved but with a pressure relief valve it's just as safe and takes up no room. For welding any fittings, use ones that are not cast, easier to weld and they're tight the first time.
Hope this is clear if not ask.
IMG_3689.jpg

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I would think that electric would be 2 to 3 times more expensive to heat than gas but maybe cheaper to install. If your insulated good it might not make much of a difference, hopefully your current service is big enough.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here electricity is btu to btu, 3 times more than gas. Minus your venting. I've used horizontal boring the last years. No mess on the yard. Not cheap, but it's clean when your done.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
No matter what heat source you choose Trudeau will have a tax for it unless you make your own fuel source like I have. A bale a day keeps the heat bill away somewhat for the whole yard. 2 houses and a 30x40 car garage going on several yrs now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts