The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, were looking at buying a John Deere 2410 cultivator to put down annhydrous. We would need to buy a rear hitch for it to hook up to an anhydrous nurse tank. Its hard to find aftermarket hitches, any suggestions? Im in Northern Alberta.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts
We had 1610 series JD chisel plows for ammonia cultivators. All we ever did for hitches was lay two pieces of 4 x 4 x 250 tubing on top of the frame so it stuck out far enough to clear the harrows. Clamp bolt those to the frame. Weld in a cross member at the back. If you want to get fancy put a drop on the cross member so the hitch point is somewhat level with the wagon. You may need braces in the corners at the back as well. Half a day at the most in a good shop. Plus a day if you want it painted. I've also seen them u-bolted to the rear frame member but that puts all the pull on that single piece of iron.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
For this fall the neighbor had bought a "blue" flexicoil cultivator to rig up with NH3 and he rounded up a hitch that Flexicoil makes although I got the idea it wasn't a well stocked item. The unique aspect about it is that its a floating hitch as it hinges at the back of the cultivator and the rear part of the A frame hitch has a 360 degree castering wheel under it supporting the hitch, equipped with a single tongue pivoting hitch point at the back of this hitch to go into the typical double style NH3 wagon hitch. That way there is no weight being transferred up or down through the cultivator itself which at least seems like a good idea. I haven't asked him his thoughts on it now that he has used it but he was pulling a wagon with two tanks so a total of 3000 gallons and heavy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input. We have used applicators with the floating hitch like the flexicoil. It worked well. We will have to check with their parts department and see if they're available to fit a John Deere cultivator.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.