The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its time to update the 4wd. Looking for something in the 450 and up range. Would like to pull a 55' Bourgault independant. Dealer tells me I should have very minimum 80gpm hyd flow and recommends more. I can't see the need for a larger drill than that and just wondering what you guys think. He is not one to steer me in the wrong direction but looking for opinions. Also looking for PTO (isn't everyone?). I know everyone is pulling their grain cart with a 500+ 4wd but is it fesible for a 850bu cart? Not real wet conditions here and wondering if updating a fwa from a 150hp to larger say 250hp would fit the job more effeciently.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I pull my 850 bu. cart with a fwa with front suspension. I would rather not have to put the cart behind the 4wd. The suspension on the fwa makes it a much smoother tractor than the 4wd.

80 gpm and PTO? Good luck finding that used.

For curiosity, what was the first tractor with 80 gpm, and when? I think deere just started this year with 115 gpm where the previous big pump was only 78.

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
There is a Deere 8850 with a kinze repower... Has PTO... You could use a PTO pump to run they hydrolic systems..
34k. And plan on 20k in repairs and bearings... I did it and couldn't believe the power from the 855.. The 8850s with the kinze are closer to 38k in weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.