The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
5,380 Posts
Actually, I meant to also say to look for a 1660 or even a 1666, which is closer to a 9500 in capacity. The price will again, be roughly the same, depending on condition of the machine.

I still will contend the Flow is easier to work on, if simplicity is another criterion.

· Registered
5,380 Posts
2188's are a little more upbeat in price, but Farmingflyboy is right about the 2100 Series cab.

You're in Ness City. I used to live in Scott and was there when the 2188 came out and we had a dealer right down the street from me, then, too.

· Registered
5,380 Posts
105, I agree with Rob. We do not have a vested interest in either color as far as far as selling or promoting goes. We just feel that any combine shopper should consider all angles and options. He could ONLY chose one page or the other to post, but not both. The John Deere page just happens to be on top and is the first seen by most.

Now to further concur with Rob, I cannot agree more with you, about green-stemmed beans. This is one year they were bad here, on the beginning of first crop, and most recently, the second crop [planted after wheat]. Cruz did not mention the condition of his beans, but I'm sure he will hear enough as to the combines, the closer he comes to his buying decision.

Tractor, thanks again, for the input as to the thread comparing the green and the red. It's all good info. I'm certainly not trying to steer him from a Max, but just let him know that a Flow sure has its merits on the simplicity side. Other than that, as per stated above, one gets so accustomed ot a particular combine, that making repairs do come easier with the seasons.

One more thing, 105, it's AXIAL-FLOW, not "Axial-Slow."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.