The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
thanks in advance for opinions, and info.

1. I will be harvesting about 450 acres, half corn and half beans.

2. I wish to get a combine that I will use for the next 10 years or more, so I want to get the right combine. I am currently thinking 9400 or 9500, or 9410/9510 depending on what I find in the best condition at the right price

3. what do I need to look for when looking at a used combine. as I have never had a combine I am a little nervous of having problems. My father sold our old jd 4400 15 years ago when I was 12, "when grandpa retired" so I have never worked on a combine, only vague memories of riding with my grandpa, as he did all of our harvesting.

4. the reason I am now looking to buy a combine is that I plan to take over the farm in the coming years, and next year I will be in half and half with my father and I cant see paying to have the crops harvested. when I can do it myself. and start paying for some equipment instead of just giving the money to someone else.

and in the end I am looking to spend around 60-70k total with a good 18 or 20' bean head and 6 or 8 row narrow corn head. and are there any options/features on the combine that I should look for.

again thanks for the advice in advance.

· Registered
11 Posts
good to know about the 1660/1666,

ease of use is a good thing.

as far as red or green either is OK, as both case ih and Deere dealers are very nearby, I would probably stay away from gleaner as there is not a very close dealer that I know of.

thanks again for the input

· Registered
11 Posts
"bent" we have planters/sprayers, and we currently hire another farmer to harvest our crops, however at close to 20000 per year for harvest/trucking I feel I would be ahead after 4 or 5 years

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.