The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,994 Posts
Tractor8100, what is with the "red underware brigade" comment. Nobody was being snotty, just offering some honest feed back based on experience. From what i've seen the maximizers are very reliable and good in tough conditions. The axial flows tend to be less combine in tougher conditions but more combine when it drys out. I've never cut corn or beans, i live in wheat and milo country and where i live with our conditions and crops we can walk all over a 9600 with our 2188. But us in green stem beans and i'm sure the story would reverse. Cruz if you consider a Axial Flow and are willing to spend 60-70 i love my 2188, it is so much nicer then our 1480's for visibilty and all day comfort. Cheap upgrades that make an axial flow hum are extrude honed injectors- $300, Kile Rotor Flighting- $995 for 80 series $1095 for 60 series, and pfparts.com rotor $3300 for 80 series if you grind lugs off your self and don't get the upgraded elephant ears. To you john deere fans you have great combines i'm not putting them down, just expressing my experience...Red Undy Dude Out!!

· Registered
1,994 Posts
bdawg i agree the 14 series are a steal, bought another nice one this summer for $4300 for a 1480. Alot of times the 1480's are actually cheaper then 1460's. Also i think the 16 series falls in a bad gap were its not worth the extra over a 14 series and not enough less then a 21 to not justify the added features. Combiness i have every color on my farm also, deere planter, a GREEN brent grain cart hehe, case combines and tractors, new holland tractors and hay equipment. I try to buy what ever is going to make me the best profit regardless of color.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.