The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in upgrading combines this year. Currently have a 9500 combine with a 925 head. We're planning on keeping it for wheat to get long straw (were in ky horse country, straw is worth more than the wheat). We have 7-800 acres or our own and custom cut another 1700-2000 acres. My question is do I want another conventional combine or a rotor. I'm not very familiar with rotors but everyone says that's the way to go. I'm thinking maybe a 9660 or 9760 can't get much newer due to finances. Any thoughts/comments/concerns appreciated.

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
If your straw is very valuable and needs to be consistent in length to obtain your market, I'd go to a 9610 or 9650, if you can find one in good shape for a reasonable price. Unless you are going to use this upgraded machine for other crops, then a rotary is the way to go, if you have dry conditions to use it fully. A 9660 is a reasonable bump in capacity from a 9500, a 9760 would be a jump.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't give enough details. The 7-800 acres or our own and 1700-2000 acres we custom cut is corn and soybeans. We would only have 3-400 acres of wheat to run every summer. That's why I'm considering the rotor. It wouldn't be used in the summer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.