The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9660 sts and i am losing grain into my cleaning fan. what the heck is going on?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Probably a couple of things. It is either bubbling up over the clean grain cross auger and falling down into the fan and/or it is rolling back over the front of the sieve and ending up in the fan. So what do you do? Shoe settings are a big factor. Deep tooth chaffer and sieve help a little. Keep the chaffer as closed as you can and the sieve as open as you can. Not sure what model year you have, but there are some parts to put in the bottom of the front chaffer to make sure all the material is getting back to the sieve and not falling through the black fingers straight into clean grain. Basically, moving material further back utilizes more of the shoe and gets you a little more speed/capacity before grain will end up in the fan. Little things like elevator chain paddle wear, tension, auger wear make a difference too, but in really good yielding crop it is just going to happen.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for tha info! It is an 06 model with 860 sep. hours we just had it insepected and worn parts replaces by deere! Im sure the auger and elevators are in great shape. I was wongering if I could fab up some plates that would cover about the first few rows of tha precleaner. not sure if it would help or not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had 2 9650 walkers and never had this problem. This is killing me! Almost to the point of trading for a different color!

·
Registered
352 Posts
you need

1- H224600 elevator drive sheave its $145
1- H218645 belt $130
1- AH218485 new fountain auger $530
1- JD10384 bearing $33.75
1- 19M7815 bolt $2.15

·
Registered
63 Posts
I agree with poster on opening bottom sieve. We can cut faster with this 9560 then 9500 and have five foot bigger platform. I had trouble till I started getting beans down quicker. I'm also going to learn from these guys here if I need to put covers over precleaner, etc. I had some trouble with 9500 before on hills and high yielding crops as well.

·
Registered
578 Posts
in west tx conditions a walker machine will WALK all over a sts in small grains. Trey go get you and obsolete walker and youll be further ahead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts