The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a yield monitor and Ag-Leader doesn't make one for my Gleaner M3. Which sucks because I already have the Integra Monitor. Anyway, there is a company called "Loup" I found on the internet. The price is very reasonable and they say it will work on my machine, NP. Are any of you guys familiar with this company? Have any of you run this equipment? I would like to verify if the equipment is any good. Will it stand the test of time? Any info from you guys would be much appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have run one on a Gleaner R62 for a few years. Nothing flashy but does what it is supposed to.

Had a few problems and tech support was very helpful.

I would be willing to buy one again if I needed another one.

Brother installed it, but doesn't look too difficult.

·
Registered
379 Posts
We used them on 2 r series, The monitor system worked reasonably well, yields were very close, we never actually calibrated them with a scale just went by what we figured was in the hopper for calibrations. We had 2 issues both related to data storage. First one was our fault we bought new cards and three was something different about them, I think we went to 12 mb from 6mb and the data was stored in a manner that was not retrievable. The other was after this we did some playing with new cards again and somehow we ended up with elevation and moisture but no yield on some fields. I am sure some of this was due to us playing and assuming things were good since all screen functions were working properly. They are a basic monitor but worked in that respect, I do believe they have changed card systems now.

·
Registered
379 Posts
It was a few years ago but I think an afternoon did it, depends a bit on how neat you like your cab etc. You drill 2 holes on clean elevator for electric eye and then mount it, Drill 1 hole in bubble auger for moisture meter, no cutting of flighting, mount a slope sensor somewhere and mount a junction box then run your wires to junction box and connect. From here a harness runs to cab to where you mount monitor and card reader. You also need to run GPS antenna from monitor to top of cab. That is it in a nutshell unless something changed since ours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts