The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever use one of these cutter bars in soybeans, are they good, anyone now a rough price range. I want to put one on an 8900 white with a 22 foot header?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I bought an old 25' 1020 CIH flex head for my 1680. Cost me $8000. From what everyone else in the area uses (35' rigid headers) I figure they left 3-4bpa in the field compared to me. My header paid for itself already.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I have a 20ft series 2 hart carter floating cutter bar for my gleaner L3. I work my fields pretty level before I plant and I really like it. Guys I work for compared it to the job their custom cutter did with a 20ft jd flex and they seem to think it did a better job. Mine cost 3500 and I put new fingers on the reel and an SCH knife on it. Paid for itself a couple times by now. Lateral tilt would make it perfect

·
Registered
423 Posts
I don't know if you can get a new Love or Hart-Carter floating bar "kit" anymore. I had several on my Gleaners, and I thought they did a great job in soy's. The ledge effect sure stopped a lot of rocks from getting in the machine. On fairly level land and properly adjusted knife angle you could shave pretty close. on less even ground, not so much. Remember it's a floating bar, not a flex head. I think you had to move slower than a contemporary flex head as well. I thought the old Massey and Whites used a Love system on their floating heads?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts