The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 8230, Iveco engine tier 2 started showng low coolant temperature 47c we are sure the engine is at correct operating temp. Coolant level spot on. Any experience about ? Is it crook sensor or wiring issue

·
Registered
453 Posts
You can find engine oil temperature in the engine page, that is normally close to water temp.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks KWO we know about the oil temp. Put a new sensor in but no difference so going to start on the wiring loom. We have a few days untill we can go on field peas and chickpeas.

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Our 8230, Iveco engine tier 2 started showng low coolant temperature 47c we are sure the engine is at correct operating temp. Coolant level spot on. Any experience about ? Is it crook sensor or wiring issue
We had an 8230 that went through 3 thermostats, about one a year. The symptom was low engine temp. Possibly your issue???

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
New thermostat and housing fixed it. Haven't seen the price yet. I guess they will send the bill after xmas. Harvest finished

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New part comes as housing with thermostat fitted. Haven't had time to try and dismantle the old one. We put a new gasket as well. No sheetmetal to remove on ours, just open the top cover and the clip on shield on the back side. One bolt needs to be put into the housing before fitting, fan pulley is in the way. Needed a 13mm offset ring spanner to get to one bolt no room for a socket. Took me longer to find the drain tap. like a fool I thought it would be at the bottom. Merry xmas

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dismantled thermostat housing. Found a cup 70mm diameter that slides in a seal similar to a oil seal on a shaft. Seal is toast. A simple to replace seal if I could get the correct one. Looks over engineered compared to a traditional thermostat set up.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
The over engineering is to match the rest of the engine. Then they got some backyard hick to design and build the fan setup 🙄. Mind you they probably saw ivecos aircon drive setup and thought **** it

·
Registered
108 Posts
It is still an option to get a seal and thermostat separate on an 8010 and at least the seals should be the same, I believe everything is the same but I am not 100% certain.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts