The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard there is a record low of Harvest Crews in Oklahoma this year, kinda sad. Farmers are having a hard time getting crews to cut. Plus it rained again today all over Western Oklahoma 3in + in some areas.
There is alot of wheat to be cut yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Re: Low # of Harvesting Crews in Western Oklahoma.

I have a friend i cut fall crops with that is in cherokee,ok with 160 acres left to cut and got 8" of rain since friday night, I think he is going to move some equipment to johnson,ks tomorrow

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

I wonder if the higher fuel costs caused some of the harvesters to just not go on the run this year.

So for you guys in TX/OK, what happens when the wheat finally gets dry, but all the custom cutters have moved north? Are there any farmers locally that own a combine that will cut crops in the area?

-Lance

·
Registered
405 Posts

If it is anything like Australia, costs have just got out of hand for the return. Every year more regulations (which means more cost) plus the seasons here have not been good for long harvest runs means it is so much harder to keep combines on the run.
If I had my chances over ,there is no way I would be contract harvesting. John

·
Super Moderator
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Most Farmers end up renting a machine and cutting it themselves or finding another local farmer to do it if he has the time. We have a local famer that does it and this year he is as full as he can get and that is with 2 05 9660s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts