The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone used these?? i ordered a set from Abilene Machine, and when i got them in they were for a 9600. the person i dealt with there wasnt to savy on combines it seemed like. he insisted that the 00 and 10 series kit was the same. well, they arent. i have sent it back and am told now thay they wont have any 10 series kits in for months. just thought it would be handy to be able to adjust them outside the combine quickly.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I'm not really a fan of them. They seem kinda spongy for adjusting. I prefer the original 10 series setup for accuracy.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does anyone know where i can get one of these kits??? a&i/lowen is out of production on them for the present time. i want to attempt to make an elec. sieve adjustment for a 9610 and this would simplify things alot.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dunno, but i will look into it in the morning. im wanting to use the linkage from the lowen kit and a fan speed adjusting motor to make an adjustable sieve from the cab.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I had an electric bottom sieve adjuster on a 9600 combine. Did exactly what you are contemplating doing. I used 2 electric seat adjusters from a Ford car. The one drove the flexible hose that was included in the sieve adjuster kit. I had another motor that was mounted under the shield just outside the cab on the RH side. This motor was wired in series with the sieve adjuster motor and drove a threaded rod which had an arm on it that moved up and down the threaded rod as the sieve adjuster was activated. I had a decal made up numbered from 0 to 10 that showed me the sieve position. Worked like a d**n!
ms

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
glad to know im not the only one that thinks up this wild stuff. what i would like to do is get another 3 postion swith that is just like the fan adjusting switch and put it into the console. as far as actually knowing where the sieve was in relation to its position i thought about putting a potentiometer like on the concave "meter" that is on it. you could put it on the linkage on the sieve and "t" it into the concave harness, but would have to have a switch of some sort to switch the reading from the concave to the sieve. just thinking out lout

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
That looks like it will work, only you have to write down the numbers for the sieve positions, because you can't cal. both and will have to know if 2 or 3 or 4 or what ever is this measurement and will have to do like the concave run past the setting and come back to it.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts

As I hope you can see the concave position sensor, A is ground wire 20, B is the signal, wire 802 and C is 5 volts wire, 801 going to it. The concave sensor is shown in the middle left. So you will have to give the sieve sensor 5 volts on C , that would have to come from the concave position sensor, A is ground, that can go right to ground and B will have to have the wires going into the cab on a switch to make it go from the concave to the sieve, please look and see if this is right.
This is also why that you can only Cal. one sensor for the monitor because they will not run in the same position
The signal wire is the one that has to change from one to the other and needs to write down the measurement for it.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I use to work a few years ago on combines, half of the year and then tractors half of the year, I miss that now, the only time I work on combines is when the season is going. I still keep up on combines and also everything, tomorrow will be going to 70 series school for half a day. Combines are Great Ladies.

Don't think I can make it there, would be great to go and help.

A customer cutter friend has always wanted me to come and run a week or two, will like to but never have.

Just hope I can Help you or anybody.

I have never been around Shoups, Lowens or others.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts