The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used lowens heavy duty vanes in the rotor cage area. Putting a full set of gorden rotor bars on thought I should do the viens while I'm there. Combining winter wheat and dry beans.

·
Registered
211 Posts
From my experiences the heavy duty steel vanes far outlast the regular ones, and the stainless vanes are that much better again. I personally only try to put stainless ones in because they wear much better and seem to take abuse better. Our area is mainly winter wheat, beans, and corn.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Part # for cone is A-321933A1. Part # for cage is A-B95480. Those are Loewen kits, you can also get them from your Case IH dealer if you want but they will be more money. Regardless of which brand you buy the cone will have to be drilled out for 3/8 bolts if it doesn't already have them.

·
Registered
218 Posts
We put Lowen SS cage vanes in 2 2388's last summer. Spent most of harvest replacing the Lowen supplied T-bolts as they broke with the 3000 hour originals we took out. NOT fun when the combine is all back together and you have been combining barley and Canary seed.
We got 2 HD cones as well with the SS vanes and had T-bolts break while the cones were still sitting strapped to the pallet waiting for install!!!!
Ordered 3 T-bolt kits from Case-IH, #B96424 NOT loose/bulk T-bolts from dealer stock, and changed ALL before they went in. Over 300 hours on them now with no broken bolts.
The Lowen cones DO NOT fit anywhere near as nice as an OEM C-IH cone but they are less $$$ and do last very well for us.
Lowen (now owned by A&I) were PR#@KS about the poor bolts but finally our dealer/supplier (Fyfe Parts) was able to get us some compensation for the trouble (don't know if A&I /Lowen came through or Fyfe did it all on their own??).

·
Registered
218 Posts
Deere has had partial ownership for years and I also think they now own very close to 100%. As a couple A&I dealers have said "as Deere's ownership goes up, Quality goes down".
Longtime Lowen dealers say the A&I takeover of Lowen has been a "cluster*@#k" as well. It seems more like it was done to eliminate a competitor, not expand product line and dealer network.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was always of the opinion that if you were buying aftermarket parts to save some money, you were going to have to be willing to deal with some fittment issues from time to time. I have not had any quality or fitment issues with Loewen parts, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. It may be possible that they had some bad t-bolts or possibly some of them were over-torqued. I would second what ry0972 stated about you being better off buying the hardware kits over the bulk bolts, they do look of better quality if getting them from cnh.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts