The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with the electric header clutch. When I turn it on, it will run for a few seconds then slowly turns off, almost like it is losing voltage. I check the voltage and it has 12 volts into the electrical shaft armature, I don't know the technical term for that part. I need to keep cutting beans. Is there a way to manually bolt the electric clutch so it runs all the time?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Probably a bad brush holder. That is the swivel device that powers electricity back to the clutch armature. With the engine off, engage the separator clutch and header clutch. Now, wiggle and turn the brush holder for the header clutch and see if messing with it you can make the header clutch disengage/engage. I'd think if the brush holder is bad you could duplicate the situation. I don't know how to lock it in manually. If you did, the header would run all the time when the engine was running.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My electric header clutch shorted (and melted) out the last day of corn last fall. I drilled a couple of holes through it and bolted it together. Worked fine, just can't stop the header. Took the belt off to drive home.
Yes there are three bolt holes to use to push the pulley off.
Check that it is grounding. Had that problem before.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The header will operate at idle but starts to shut down or start slipping as I throttle up the machine. At full throttle the header drive is not spinning and there is 12 v in the brush armature. That is taken directly from the brushes as the combine is running. I bought a salvage header drive clutch today off a M, hopefully it will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.