The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive done the spline on my feeder house drive motor can I get the actual stub shaft on the motor separately or do I have to buy a new hydraulic motor
regards

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,760 Posts
What motor are you talking about?

The centre belt?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess you are speaking about the centre feed belt drive motor. If so, the answer is yes, the stub shaft is available as I have had mine replaced for much less than the cost of the motor. Macdon are now supplying shim kits to align the motor with the shaft which is supposed to compensate for a manufacturing problem where the mounting plate for the motor is not properly aligned and puts side pressure on the spline. I have heard of failures from 150 hours to 600 hours and any where in between. The shim kits are only AUD$150 for what looks like about $20 of value. Time will tell if the shims fix the problem. Also have done 2 self aligning bearings at the opposite end of the shaft to the spline and these have had one shot of grease every 50 hours but have still failed. I heard reports today of 3 fires caused by the failure of this bearing. Most I know about have failed just outside of warranty so I suggest you pull the motor off the spline before the 12 months warranty is finished as you will more than likely find the spline has some wear on it.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,760 Posts
Gee that’s weird about that bearing Ausfarm. Its a slow speed bearing and seems to be a good size for the job it’s doing. Not much load on it. I don’t think my guys even bother to grease it, and they have just completed their 5th season.........
Just goes to show the inconsistency of bearing quality now days.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ausfarm, are you quoting the 2152 / D60, D65 or the FD1.
The FD1 are having problems with the bearing on the other side, but they are Chinese bearing now.
Don't you love it when a multinational company buy a good product and set out to make money as a first priority.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts