The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the other day that the left side table really hangs over into the opening, like its got to be 2ft. If that could be shortened would have a much better flow of large canola swath. It throws a very nice tight wheat swath now and I assume the overhang helps that but its counter productive in canola. Wonder if this can be easily modified. Anyone run into the before?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Noticed the other day that the left side table really hangs over into the opening, like its got to be 2ft. If that could be shortened would have a much better flow of large canola swath. It throws a very nice tight wheat swath now and I assume the overhang helps that but its counter productive in canola. Wonder if this can be easily modified. Anyone run into the before?
Jazz I did that 19 years ago, I cut each deck down by 12 inches close to the middle of deck and welded them back together. Just make sure the opening is slightly smaller than the drive wheels. At the same time I took off the short double swath canvas, so only two canvases to maintain. Very easy to do and makes a good canola swath.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Jazz this is a Agco 5200 header 30ft on MF 9420 tractor.
Hole is 6ft wide between drapers by 3 ft high.
Cuts canola well.
Very few problems getting out the hole but in 50 bu crop it starts getting tight.
It’s a little wide between the drapers for wheat I have it narrowed to 66 inches.
How big can you expand yours?

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jazz: I think you can back off your tension adjustment enough to allow you to move your idler roller outward to where you want it. Check your manual.

·
Premium Member
5,154 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Oat King: How did you go about replacing your small canvas?
Hi trent, Ok first I took off both the drive roller and the idler roller from the small canvas on the right side. Than I installed the idler roller from the right side canvas on the end. You will have to close off the hydraulic lines. I also welded a flat piece of metal to act as a guide for the canvas to slide on because of the open space created by taking the double swath canvas out. My macdon had inboard hydraulic motors so it was easy to change. Keep the extra hydraulic pump as a spare. A lot less maintenance and I never used double swath anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts