The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a class lexion 580r with a macdon D60S 35ft front and I cant get it to feed im currently harvesting oats in W.A and taking all the straw (very thick) its building up between the macdon feed auger and the class feeder house chain.. It builds up then goes in in lumps and blocks every time some times it throws it over the auger, I've done every thing I can think off .had class service people down and have had macdon service people down to, they cant fix it, macdon told me to put some stripper bars in so I did and made no difference at all, Has any body had this problem any help would be much appreciated, if any body has a CA20 Combine Adapter Technical Manual they can post up that would be great im looking for the Auger seting and how to make them and the drapper speed setting.. Thanks heaps Tim

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Is your feederhouse drum in the down position?
How important is that, especially for 30-40 ft of thick material such as wheat? I run mine in the upper position on a 740 with a 40' fd70. I learned that on a 2388, the feeder floor wears out running in the down position.

Do you really think with thick material, running in the down position would feed better?

To the original topic, is the combine back-feeding any? Maybe run with the feeder house doors open on top to view any back feeding.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,955 Posts
TIM, the feeder drum as no adjustment except for up and down. Retractables pitch is none adjustable. You should have the drum right up, which you have prob tried. Has someone shortened the feeder chains? See if you can put a half link in and get the chains out as far as possible towards the Macdon drum. Maybe drop the front (head) off and look up the feederhouse to make sure there's no lip or worn steel edge somewhere catching or restricting crop flow. Make sure ALL feeder slats are on and straight.

Carefully, get someone with good knowledge of harvesting to ride on feeder or walk along beside machine and look in at macdon adaptor/ feeder house area, to see what's happening. The problem might be starting further forward? Maybe the centre belt is dragging crop under it and repeating it causing uneven flow.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
If the adapter has the poly under the middle belt on the bottom, it could be removed, gauranteeing no crop being returned around the center belt. The macdon drum is supposed to be very close to the adapter floor. It should be adjusted with the header top link tilted forward or back, whichever moves the auger slightly closer.

Maybe for a pass, try running with the feederhouse as slow as possibly, and the cylinder very fast, to verify it is taking it away from the feeder chain properly.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'm with you Phantom, my Lexion with a aussie built Mid West draper was having the same dramas in barley and wheat I found the gap between the draper auger and the front of the feeder house chain was to great, on our mid wests we can adjust our feed drum back and get it very close to Lexions feed chains to stop that repeat, if you can't adjust it backwards try putting links in your feeder chains to bring the drum forward, or can you slow the speed that the draper is feeding material in, will that help stop it from repeating? Its very frustrating when things like this happen and no one seems to have the answers :( make sure you post your sollution Tim its always good to see a problem solved and what the answer was.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Some good suggestions here but on a different angle, is your crop ripe and dry? We have an occasional problem when cutting green straw or if you push up a wet dirt pile and get some of that on the floor of the feederhouse it is just like glue on the otherwise shiny and slippery polished steel floor.
It sure wants to plug and bunch then. I was thinking uhmw on the bottom to make it flow better but I might be right out to lunch? Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.