The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an older D 60 macdon header. 1st we noticed the 2 side canvasses were running slow. Tried to turn the speed knob but it made no difference. We noticed we were a little low on oil so we added oil. Tried it again and it was still slow and as we tried adjusting the speed they stopped as well as the pea auger. Centre canvas, reel and knife are all running good. Anyone had problems like this?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Is there a separate pressure relief valve for those functions that is leaking or washed out? Try to bypass the flow control and see if you have normal speed. Is that a simple 1/4 turn flow control or more complex? Could be motors or pump section worn that bypass a lot of the normal flow when hot and under load. You can have flow but not enough under load.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Your center draper is running so your pump is working.

You either have something blocking one of the drapers which will stall the other one and the pea auger and go through the relief,

or

you have a blown key/drive roller/hydraulic motor (usually only one draper will stall)

or

You have a bad/blocked relief valve

Those are the most likely 3. Is there any whining noise from the valve block?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys thanks for all the input! I got kinda busy here. So the pressure relief valve was stuck open. Jammed full of metal filings. So either I've probably got a bad orbit motor or the guy before me did. But I cleaned it out and it's working great for now! 🤞

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey guys thanks for all the input! I got kinda busy here. So the pressure relief valve was stuck open. Jammed full of metal filings. So either I've probably got a bad orbit motor or the guy before me did. But I cleaned it out and it's working great for now! 🤞

·
Registered
217 Posts
If it’s a 2013 with the black center draper motor they fail and fill the block with metal while they are doing it. The new center draper motor is grey. If you have a black motor replace it and flush the entire system. All the valves need to come out of the block and then flush the block with solvent thoroughly. Most guys I know stop there with the thought that the valves catch most of the contaminants some drain and blow through the lines with air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts