The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor and I bought and put into service last year, FD135 headers. Mine is on a CNH7230 and I have had zero problems. His is on the one mentioned above and he/dealer have put on three sets of belts through 2 wheat harvests and one last fall. He says it is shredding these. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Where is it shredding? Is the belt rubbing at the bottom? Without knowing how the belts are being destroyed it's hard to know what the problem might be.

I've definitely had problems with dirt build-up under the canvases which can cause rubbing and tearing, but never in wheat. The belts do run on v-belt pulleys to keep them aligned, but it's still possible for them to not run straight.

Another thought is maybe the driving hydraulic motor shaft is bent. We had that happen on the swather from over-tightening and it caused all sorts of problems. Ended up replacing the motor and the roller.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,845 Posts
More info and or some pics

there’s a couple of adjustments

Tracking. Rollers need to be parallel
Tracking adjustment at the tensioner end

Knife bar gap. 1mm recommended.
Draper deck mount brackets inside the draper mat down behind the knife bar have slotted holes to achieve correct gap

lastly, maybe there’s something bent underneath the head and the joiner bar is hitting on it or it’s hitting onthe centre belt frame?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More info and or some pics

there’s a couple of adjustments

Tracking. Rollers need to be parallel
Tracking adjustment at the tensioner end

Knife bar gap. 1mm recommended.
Draper deck mount brackets inside the draper mat down behind the knife bar have slotted holes to achieve correct gap

lastly, maybe there’s something bent underneath the head and the joiner bar is hitting on it or it’s hitting onthe centre belt frame?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry for quiet gap...neighbor hard to pin down. Took a closer look at header today. Ran it. Observed no obvious issues. He says one belt ran 1000 acres and another ran 1300. The two gathering belts are the issues. The lower drive/guide belt material is separating from the canvas. See photos. Most recent manufacturer is "LEGG"?
Eye Automotive tire Road surface Grey Asphalt
Plant Wood Textile Branch Tree
Plant Wood Textile Branch Tree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts