The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on adding the missing fingers and cutting off the flighting.
Is there a split finger holder available for this? I've been on the MacDon site and it doesn't list it for a FD70
Called dealer and their New guy is looking
How close to the drum do you cut off the flighting? 1/2"?
What have been your results?
Thanks,

·
Registered
86 Posts
There’s a good chance the finger holders may already be in the drum. I added some on a Case 2152(D60) are and they were already in there.

·
Registered
592 Posts
The finger holders are already in the drum.

The split finger kit is for when you break some, you don't have to pull the shaft.

Usually the shaft is bent by then though so it's kind of a moot point.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Leave 1 inch of flighting on the drum. We cut our flighting back even further before harvest. The feeding was very smooth for us but the crop was dry this year. The time to test your feeding is after dark when the straw is very wet.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I ended up adding 5 on each side and trimmed off the flighting to about an inch. I cut a couple hundred acres of tough stemmed soybeans and from watching it the beans start feeding into the throat right away.
I did have one hiccup yesterday, plugged the backend after the rotors and above the chopper. Didn't know why as it wasn't that tough at that time, 2:30 pm and I wasn't up to speed I had been going. That's a fun job digging out. Why didn't they make that pivoting door removable???????????? a few bolts and it could be off?????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts