The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my center belt drive motor started spewing oil. It appears the needle bearing went out because you could move the shaft in and out about a 1/2 inch. So I replaced the motor and went back to running. After about an hour the side draper belts started to slow and finally completely stop. They will not move at all now. I called a mechanic and he thinks the needle bearing contaminated the system since the middle motor is not filtered. He says I will need to replace the two draper motors, the hydr block, and flush all the lines with diesel? Any help would be apreciated! This is a macdon fd75 2013

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Had same thing on a FD70. Have to take all spools, check valves out of the hydraulic blocks and clean. It was in the knife reverser valve block on mine. Motors were fine.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Today my center belt drive motor started spewing oil. It appears the needle bearing went out because you could move the shaft in and out about a 1/2 inch. So I replaced the motor and went back to running. After about an hour the side draper belts started to slow and finally completely stop. They will not move at all now. I called a mechanic and he thinks the needle bearing contaminated the system since the middle motor is not filtered. He says I will need to replace the two draper motors, the hydr block, and flush all the lines with diesel? Any help would be apreciated! This is a macdon fd75 2013
There was an update that was supposed to be done to nearly all 2013 fd-75s. They updated the center draper motor because backpressure in the system overloaded it. When i talked to macdon about it they said they were looking after those who had trouble.

·
Registered
37 Posts
MacDon came to the field and replaced my motor free of charge last June on my 2013 fd75. This was through there harvest support van.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts