The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes but they canceled all the demo units I’m told. Would have been nice to at least try one before they expect you to buy one.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Is center knife drive not all its cracked up to be? I like the idea of narrow end dividers like the 3162 but nobody else seems to be copying it. Never used it though

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Looks like an impressive and capable header. And expensive. Lots of nice little improvements. Good to see. I don't quite understand how they thinned up the dividers. Still looks pretty thick to me and with the knife drive gearbox turned 90 degrees that looks just as wide.

I just run little 30' headers. At that width, there's not a lot the FD2 has that I really need compared to my current FD75s, but when the time comes to trade headers, I suspect it will be an FD2.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
I get why they came out with 41’ header, but why still make a 40’ ? Seems odd.
Looks like some nice improvements. Like the new buddy wheels being ran from cab, but do they need to be removed to run right on the ground?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I get why they came out with 41’ header, but why still make a 40’ ? Seems odd.
Looks like some nice improvements. Like the new buddy wheels being ran from cab, but do they need to be removed to run right on the ground?
No. Wheels stay on and tuck up underneath nicely when on the ground.

·
Super Moderator
4,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I get why they came out with 41’ header, but why still make a 40’? Seems odd.
41’ is for the CTF (Controlled Traffic Farming) crowd,
MacDon measures center to center of divider, 40’ is a bit tight in some systems.
But…a 41’ does not fit in a shipping container so has a bolt together frame section obviously increasing cost and setup charges not to mention two slightly longer drapers, I suspect both sizes will stay.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts