The Combine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The adaptor auger is jumping up and down causing the slip clutch to go. It does this even when running empty. The auger plugs under a light load. Any ideas on what is causing this? Just replaced the drive chain today. Perhaps this belongs under the "MacDon FD70 piece of crap" thread, LOL.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Are any of the auger fingers missing? One of the end fingers (rh side I think) is attached to a piece of tube that holds the fingers in the right spot for retracting and extending. If this one is gone the fingers will be erratic and hit the pan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Problem Solved!

Thanks Blackdirtfarmer for the help, that was the issue. The finger was missing, and the square tubing was flopping around inside the auger.

From the service manual "Square tubing number 24 Is held in place by finger number 27 Which slides into the slip clutch holds everything in place"

·
Registered
618 Posts
Thanks Blackdirtfarmer for the help, that was the issue. The finger was missing, and the square tubing was flopping around inside the auger.

From the service manual "Square tubing number 24 Is held in place by finger number 27 Which slides into the slip clutch holds everything in place"
Glad I could help! That same issue had me stumped on a nice September afternoon a couple years back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had simular problem last year. Inside drum clutch was beat to pieces. Put in new factory set clutch and same problem. After getting engineer specs, found that the large 1/2 moon drum stop #156459 was out of spec on one lug end. Welded 1/2 bar on the lug and all worked. (replaced #156459 because I didn't trust weld on the porus cast).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.