The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody running a FD75 in hilly country? How are they working in soybeans? Im running a JD 630F right now and making out fine. My combine doesn't have lateral tilt.
Im wondering about going to a macdon Fd75 in a 35'. I think it will be fine in wheat but wondering about soybeans. Will i be disappointed with it or with the built in tilt of the header and the hinged wing do they do all right?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure what you mean by hilly country, but I think if you are getting along without the lateral tilt on your combine, you will be fine. I have an FD130 that is used in terraces and I am satisfied with the performance. It follows the ground between the terraces fine.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Once you get one you would wonder why you did not buy one years ago.
Went from 635f-936D. To FD35

Reactions: NDF and KpprCrk

·
Registered
14 Posts
with a fd75 is it always in flex or can you run it rigid? does it follow the ground in hilly wheat and still leave say 6" of stubble fairly evenly or when its in flex is it meant to shave the ground (like in soybeans) ? im just debating on getting a used D60 or spent the extra on an FD75
thanks

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Always in flex. Drop your skid plates down and your gtg

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
Also the speed you can cut at is incredibly. Can cut at 7 plus if not to rough or Rocky

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You can run the FD75s in flex or rigid mode. The biggest thing with these headers is they MUST be set up properly and they will work wonderfully. We have very steep big hills and love them. We don’t do soybeans.

·
Registered
14 Posts
thanks, this is very helpful info!
another question; does an FD75 have auto header height sensors like the old headsight system, or does it just float on the skids and the center adaptor to maintain its height? i would be running it on a case 8120 that has ahhc

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
That salesman is an idiot and on FD2 contourmax a complete idiot.
There is enough complaints about FD2 wheels after this fall. FD1 contour buddies seem to be a love hate relationship depending on soil type and conditions. If everyone actually ever gets there FD2 in 2023 there actually might be enough used to actually know if they work. Macdon is turning in a 6 letter sware word at dealers.

·
Premium Member
1,330 Posts
I must run on rollier ground, wing locks are only for transport now.
Further, even when you at or almost completely on the ground the wheels cut skid shoe wear to virtually zero.
If you get a chance post a pic Thanks

·
Super Moderator
31,206 Posts
If you get a chance post a pic Thanks
Was wondering why I took a few pics back on May 7th!
Wheel Boat Tire Watercraft Automotive tire

The wheel is at 2 (1 to 4 scale) skid shoe lowest (highest knife), MacDon tilt at D (A to E scale) Claas feeder faceplate fully forward 10 (10 to -10 scale).
Would cut this high
Wood Asphalt Rectangle Road surface Tints and shades

Not that you would want to. A little early for the peas that are already seeded here.
Cutting height set only by Claas faceplate (above MacDon settings never adjusted) -3 to 6 the general range with 0 (feeder faceplate fore/aft centered) very typical and nice height stubble.
If you were able to cut canola very high one may move wheel toward 3 but otherwise MacDon settings left unchanged.

Is that what you were looking for?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts