The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the 45 foot d60 and it works well over our hilly land, but found that when I had the 40 foot it followed better with less contact to ground and less crop miss threw revenues... Over all less driver fatigue

Wondering if the fd75 would follow ground that much better than d65... Also found that on peas and lentils I am picking more rocks up than ever before with the rigid 45 foot

I would think that the fd should do a better job from the extra flex, but We have a colony that are using the fd 45 foot, but don't think there is a difference over their rigid:confused:

Asked the dealer for a demo, but what have others found?

·
Super Moderator
5,150 Posts
No ideal header (front) yet.

Have the 45 foot d60 and it works well over our hilly land, but found that when I had the 40 foot it followed better with less contact to ground and less crop miss threw revenues... Over all less driver fatigue

Wondering if the fd75 would follow ground that much better than d65... Also found that on peas and lentils I am picking more rocks up than ever before with the rigid 45 foot

I would think that the fd should do a better job from the extra flex, but We have a colony that are using the fd 45 foot, but don't think there is a difference over their rigid:confused:
And running off the ground, the flex of the wings locked out there is no difference, rigid and FD same.
But if running skid shoes or cutterbar on the ground with the wings of an FD flexing you would be able to cut higher
through a flatter table angle because the three sections will follow the ground better than a rigid, one piece cutterbar.

With skid shoes lowered (cutterbar raised) max and flattest table angle
you can cut 4" ish high. But that's too low for normal cereal cutting.

What your're looking for is an off the ground flexing cutterbar but no such thing so far.:(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.