The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2162 is getting dirt/trash inside the drapers anyone with a lot of experience know how to stop it from doing that field support was here today but think it's worse. love the header but hate the dirt

·
Registered
33 Posts
hey do you got there # I'm having some trouble with mine too. If I remember right it has sometime to do with the ends of the head

·
Registered
316 Posts
Is the top of the draper tight against the metal behind the sickle? Or how far under the side shield is the outside roller? Ours was out to far and would grab dirt and pull it in when turning on the ground. I had to cut my canvas and adjust the center rollers to keep my center opening the same.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no # but I will today macdon guy lowered the out side rollers and raised the slides in the middle of the draper ? I'm raising the rollers back up. got my own idea on how to keep it clean

·
Registered
316 Posts
How wide is the center opening? I believe they are suppose to be with in 1" or less of the out side of the center draper other wise they will grab material off it and get it under the draper some how.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK straight story macdon guy adjusted it all wrong trying to figure it out. so this morning I took the draper belts apart to see whats going on. slides behind cutter bar adjusted to low set them to 6 mm lower than bottom edge of U shaped cutterbar they slide up and down easy this keeps anything from getting under the belts. the draper joint was wanting to fold back if you cut it @ a 45 degree angle and remove the tracking rib for a couple inches as well as thin the belt some it will get over the folding back. we adjusted it more tonight and the field guy went on the way. simple after I looked it over

1 - 6 of 6 Posts