The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just adapting a MacDon Draper to 780 and I was wondering if there is another way to interface the Macdon Tilt to the combine rather than the use of a separate switch to toggle between tilt and fore-aft on C-Motion handle.

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
We are just adapting a MacDon Draper to 780 and I was wondering if there is another way to interface the Macdon Tilt to the combine rather than the use of a separate switch to toggle between tilt and fore-aft on C-Motion handle.
Yes there is Jim.
A wire added to the harness on the MacDon side allows you to hold down feeder tilt switch and use reel fore/aft at same time to change function opposite whatever default (no added power) is.
I'll find out what to do, have to do a bit of digging.:)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
http://www.thecombineforum.com/forums/12-claas-lexion/27541-fd-70-tilt-harness.html

Works well for me! Combine switch on console needs to be set on Vario for the header to not laterally tilt when doing the "shift" function for the other control.

I also set the header hydraulics so the default function is tilt, the "shift" function is reel fore and aft. I also drilled out some orifices for the header functions for more responsive control.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Never considered drilling out orifices, seedcleaner. Is there any chance that would be a way to speed up auto header height response with maxflex head?

·
Registered
7 Posts
We install a simple jumper harness that allows you to use the switch on the back of the joystick for header angle. We do this on all of out lexion mounted Macdons. No other switches are needed.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We install a simple jumper harness that allows you to use the switch on the back of the joystick for header angle. We do this on all of out lexion mounted Macdons. No other switches are needed.
Do you have the jumper info or a diagram? I'm assuming the jumper interfaces to the extra set of wires coming up from MacDon?

Thx

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Never considered drilling out orifices, seedcleaner. Is there any chance that would be a way to speed up auto header height response with maxflex head?
The orifices I drilled out only affect reel and tilt movement of the macdon.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Do you still have to hold the switch on the back of the joystick while using the fore and aft switch to control the angle? Like what seedcleaners thread says or is this total angle control from the back on the handle switch?

When I wired my angle control in. I figured in wouldn't be that hard to just wire it in solely to the back switch using the vario/tilt switch. But this works and I kind of lost interest

·
Registered
7 Posts
It is a simple modification that will take 20 minutes or so. Need a pin to install into the Macdon side of the multicoupler and 2 short jumper wires. Our service guys could give you details.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts