The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im not really sure where this would be long so I chose here. Can anyone confirm for me the new 973/974 draper headers. Are they still using the round upper support tube? Or is it a square tube like what honeybee uses now? Did they change their tire setup. Where they run duals on the driver side and is much closer now then previously? Does anyone know if their 39ftr has an offset or is it center. Honeybees is 18/21 so I was just curious. Pictures would be nice to.. Your Karma will bennifit from it

Thanks a bunch peeps

Dusty

·
Registered
53 Posts
As far as I know, the 06 production uses a round support tube. We have some in stock, so I can have a look tomorrow at work. FYI, MacDon is introducing a new line of headers for 07, with limited 06 availability. One of my customers used the 35 ft prototype last year and liked it better than his 05 973. Complete details will be released soon.

As well, MacDon purchased Precision, who built the 2016 header and Swathmaster pickups, and as far as I knowm production will be moving from Sask. to Winnipeg.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Typically a wheat type head (non-flex) will be offset. The flex heads are usually centered since it would be very difficult to get them to float correctly with springs sprung heavier on the one side.

-Lance

·
Registered
809 Posts
Actually the 36' MacDon/CIH head flex head is offset..I believe the right side is 3' longer than the left, the springs are adjusted accordingly to balance the head. If I'm not mistaken the new wider flex head will be centered by adding 3 ' to the left side.

·
Registered
620 Posts
36ft design from what I know will see little change from 2006 headers. The 40ft flex design from what is known is only available from Case-IH for 2007. The 2007 MacDon price book I have seen only lists the 36ft flex as the largest one, no 40ft? MacDon must be keeping a tight hand on who gets their hands on these for 2007?
40ft design is centered with major changes to the center conveyor drive systems, 22" auger instead of the 11" like on the 36ft as the belt does not run under the auger on the 40ft version, a 78" wide center draper with hinged lower pan under the draper. Available hydraulic drive "dual" knife drive system as an option and the floatation system is different than previous models too with single lock levers instead of the dual levers.
Sorry no pictures, verbal info from a company field rep, someone has a picture of a 40ft on the Cat section of this forum it has the poly side shields instead of metal ones and covers over the hinge point linkage which was exposed on the 36ft design. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have never ran a flex draper but was in the same field as one and was wondering if the dead spot in front of the center draper could be hinged with a electric cylender on it to dump the rocks out?

·
Registered
620 Posts
It would be some work on the current design, but on the 40 ft version that pan is hinged so it might be a fairly easy thing to do, have to wait and look at one "in the flesh".

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
The other poster who wrote the novel is right...

Its a 40 ft draper that is centered.....

My parents seen one on a 7010 at the farm show

Also the Pto runs the belt on the sickle drive too...

so no drive shaft to hook up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts