The Combine Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for Mach 2 center pivot tires. I bought some two years ago and love them. I am looking to replace all my tires with them so I never have to replace a tire again.

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,682 Posts
Can you post a pic of what these look like please. Have a pivot that needs some attention with the tyres also.......

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have a few 11.2x38's on , I have 8 in my barn I bought 5 years ago of so . Here they will slick over like any other tire but no flats, bolts must be tight or they will slip .

·
Registered
705 Posts
What kind of soil do you have? Those suckers leave ruts like no other.

Just bought a set of Circle C wheels to give a try on our silty soils.

·
Registered
135 Posts
You guys ever use or heard about MUD LUGS ? on stuck pivot towers .

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Had about 8 tires similar to the mach 2 tires a few years ago. Every one failed within two years. They would crack open and mud and water would get in. They get very heavy when full of mud! We have sandy soil, and they made horrible ruts. also they would slip on the rims.

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires. I think this year we had to replace almost 12 tires in total at $400 a pop. A fair chunk of change. Doesn't seem to matter if we check all the tires in the spring or not. I think the shape of a pneumatic tire works the best for traction and ruts. Wondering if a foam-filled tire would work. Might have to try filling at tire with foam sometime.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Had about 8 tires similar to the mach 2 tires a few years ago. Every one failed within two years. They would crack open and mud and water would get in. They get very heavy when full of mud! We have sandy soil, and they made horrible ruts. also they would slip on the rims.

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires. I think this year we had to replace almost 12 tires in total at $400 a pop. A fair chunk of change. Doesn't seem to matter if we check all the tires in the spring or not. I think the shape of a pneumatic tire works the best for traction and ruts. Wondering if a foam-filled tire would work. Might have to try filling at tire with foam sometime.

There is a outfit in Dalhart TX that foams them , I would love to foam them all .

·
Registered
135 Posts
My only concern with foam in a tire is how to attach the tire so it won't spin on the rim.
Looks like it would do the same as air pressure , enough to make it seat on the bead tight . I bet I do 12-14 flats a year on systems and there has to be a better way . Poly wheels here will slick over easy and my mud lugs dont fit them .

·
Registered
705 Posts
We have sandy soil

I'm still dreaming of something that works as well as pneumatic tires.

Take a look at Circle C wheels. My first thought is that they must be nuts, but I just bought a set that we will be trying out.

https://circlecequipment.com/equipment/#irrigation-wheels

They claim that as long as your soil isn't sticky, the wheel will still sink, but as it moves on, it drops all the dirt back in the track. The best part is, if you buy a set and don't like them, they will buy them back at full price.

·
Registered
569 Posts
My only concern with foam in a tire is how to attach the tire so it won't spin on the rim.
Looks like it would do the same as air pressure , enough to make it seat on the bead tight . I bet I do 12-14 flats a year on systems and there has to be a better way . Poly wheels here will slick over easy and my mud lugs dont fit them .
Wow why so many flats we dont hardly ever mess with our irrigation systems other than servicing the motor

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
How many pivots do you run? Flat tires of are bane of every pivot owner in my area! The more pivots the more flats. The local tire shop has pretty continual business fixing pivot tires all season (replacing... flat pivot tires are usually wrecked). We lose about 10-12 tires a year, and maybe half a dozen gearboxes. And we're not unusual.

It's possible that a tire pressure monitoring system could make a big difference. If we can catch them before they go flat we could save them. We've tried checking them all in the spring but that seems to make no difference to the number of flats, and the job takes a very long time (there are a lot of tires out there). Sometimes I've had a tire go flat a week after checking it. Maybe we need to replace valve cores ever few years. they probably get leaky as they age.

Talked to a tire shop today and they mentioned they've tried filling pivot tires with foam and found that they became too hard and would sink in and make deep ruts quite quickly.

Let us know how the circle C wheels work out.

·
Registered
569 Posts
How many pivots do you run? Flat tires of are bane of every pivot owner in my area! The more pivots the more flats. The local tire shop has pretty continual business fixing pivot tires all season (replacing... flat pivot tires are usually wrecked). We lose about 10-12 tires a year, and maybe half a dozen gearboxes. And we're not unusual.

It's possible that a tire pressure monitoring system could make a big difference. If we can catch them before they go flat we could save them. We've tried checking them all in the spring but that seems to make no difference to the number of flats, and the job takes a very long time (there are a lot of tires out there). Sometimes I've had a tire go flat a week after checking it. Maybe we need to replace valve cores ever few years. they probably get leaky as they age.

Talked to a tire shop today and they mentioned they've tried filling pivot tires with foam and found that they became too hard and would sink in and make deep ruts quite quickly.

Let us know how the circle C wheels work out.
We have 16 across land that we take care of and so far knock on wood have not had a flat on one in 4 years now

·
Ooohhh Deere
1,682 Posts
Huge difference in tyres on pivots Vs laterals in my area. (As in flats) Don't know why.
And there's a shipload of both types of irrigators here on many different soil types........

1 - 17 of 17 Posts