The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody run one of these units? Would like a Degelman Pro Till, but the price on those is out of this world. The Madara seems to be a good compromise, but you do give up 7000 lbs of weight. Just wondering if they do a good job, as well as hold together. (don't crack up like the joker) Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Put about 1500 acres on an 8 meter last fall. Very happy with the machine. Rented a joker to compare as well as demoed a landoll. The protill is like you said is way out of my price range, plus its the same unit just heavier. Not sure if the extra weight is needed or wanted.
Did a mix of everything. Heavy straw stubble/flat on the ground, rocks, sloughs, peat.

Originally ordered with all smooth. Wasn't 100% happy so I had a pallet of notched delivered. Did a test with switching front only to notched then the whole machine. To me that is the way to go. Although I talked to them and Gaber industries at the red deer show and would like to hear more about the self sharpening wavy disc.
Also originally had the large rubber packers but for my soil and what I'm trying to accomplish I wanted the baskets and had that changed. If you plan on doing spring work and need firmer soil than rubber packers might be better.

There are a few small issues but Precision is really good to work with and are constantly improving the design. Can't beat the practically lifetime bearing warranty...

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you think part availability will be an issue, or precision seems to stock most common parts? What is the bearing warranty? Seems to me I had heard 200,000 acres or something but not sure on that.

So you are saying that notched front and rear blades is the way to go or notched front and smooth rear?

Would be using in both fall and spring. Soils are heavy clay to sand/clay/loam mix. The basket would probably be better, but we have quite a bit of rock and I would be concerned that the basket would not hold up in the rocks? Rubber would probably be better for spring.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Parts have not been an issue, but it is limited acres so far for me. Bearings are available elsewhere. Not special bearings. I think the warranty is 200,000 hectares or something like that.

Precision being the only dealer so far was one of my concerns but they have been nothing but good to me. Have bought a few other things from them as well.

Rocks so far have not been an issue. The basket bearings are fairly large and the baskets themselves are pretty thick. I have hit some big rocks so far.

I am confident enough with the durability of the machine that I will be renting it out this spring for some acres.

I have notched front and rear.

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Where are they made? How large of a unit can you get? How fast do you run it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.