The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to be a Case guy but, after having horrendous luck with some red/blue stuff in the early 2000's, I switched to Green and haven't looked back, but, now I'm looking at a Magnum 240 CVT with suspended front axle because my 8130 is ready to go down the road. I can't find anyone who is or has run them more than a couple thousand hours. I'd like to know what kind of luck people who are running them more hours are having. As with everything, I know the dealer is a primary concern, I know mine isn't great. Any experience would be appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 225 CVT that has been pretty good. No major issues to about 2500 hrs. Use it for planting and grain cart. It is a tier 3 engine so no DEF system. I do not have a suspended front axle.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that tractor have the greasable bearing on the rear axles? Have you heard of that being a weak spot? The one I'm looking at has had those bearings replaced, the guy who traded it in is considering going all green because he's had some issues with that. He also frequently heads down the road 30 or so miles with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts