The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered the main clutch shaft and both sides of the sheaves for my R-62, is there anything else besides the bearings that should be replaced or taken care of when I put it back together? Also this will be my first time harvesting peas, where should I set everything?

Thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Be sure to replace the Main shaft lock nut on the VS side, and also if you haven't replaced the fan/accelerator roll drive belt lately now would be a good time. Also check the cluch wires between the two halves of the thresher clutch, and also check the air gap between the magnets and the clutch plates. Are you replacing the main drive sheave? If so make sure the inside bearing (the one with the oring grooves) is tight, we loc-tite the inside one when we do it. (high strength green sleeve loc tite) If it is loose at all and the sheave is still in good shape a good machine shop could save you a couple hundred bucks by cutting out the bearing hole and sleeving it, we have had reall good luck with that I think the steel sleeve may wear a little better than the cast housing. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts