The Combine Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I like the organic honey label. Some clever beekeeper out there has finally figured out how to train a honeybee to only visit organic plants. Amazing!
HaHa!
I asked a beekeeper, who labels his honey as organic, that exact same question and he said they take their hives to areas of native pasture and trees. To qualify as organic, the hives have to be a minimum number of miles away from sown pastures or cropland.
However, bees are allowed to be "conditioned" on cropland.
But Yep! There are a lot of shades of grey in organic marketing.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
My wife has basically band me from grocery shopping with her. YAA, I mean boo!!!
Apparently I express my displeasure with how us farmers are getting screwed a little too vigorously.
Clearly you need to learn how to entertain yourself in the grocery store. Flip a box of condoms into some blue haired lady's cart. Or a can of prune juice into some youngster's cart. My wife doesn't like me shopping with her either but its because I have too much fun.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Some may have a little too much fun.

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have seen gluten free tomatoes in the store. A restaurant we were at touted gluten free chicken, turkey,pork and beef. The one that took the cake was organic bottled water in a convenience store.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Non gmo honey

Non gmo any grain u can think off

Beware organic green leaf vegies are not tested for heavy metals...alot would end up being sued if this was the case.

Ant....

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I've heard that they want to crack down on advertising stuff as non gmo that does not actually have a gmo counterpart...

·
Registered
258 Posts
Check out the price of flax at bulk barn, it has come down, but a few years ago it came in at over $200/bu.

And the gluten free thing, my kids bubble bath is "Now Gluten Free". I guess it is now safe for all the celiac suffering kids to slam down a few shots of bubble bath now.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
That's probably why all those kids got sick with the tide pod challenge. Wasn't glutten free...
You have to grt up with the times, tide pods are out. New thing is shoving a condom in their mouth and pulling it out their nose.

My parents had it easy, all we did was drink beer.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Lmoa cptusa. You forgot the teen "sex" and I use that term loosely. All the stupid sh!t I did when I was young is peanuts to what today's youth do. I have to add when I grew out of that stage my dad started to share his stories. Seems I was a saint compared to him...... Of course I never told all the stories.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Lmoa cptusa. You forgot the teen "sex" and I use that term loosely. All the stupid sh!t I did when I was young is peanuts to what today's youth do. I have to add when I grew out of that stage my dad started to share his stories. Seems I was a saint compared to him...... Of course I never told all the stories.
I was growing up, raising ****, and my Dad was a cop.......Gave him fits, and here he is a cop. Then in later years I heard stories from his buddies! LOL!!

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
It's funny how the older generations always look down their noses at the younger ones, but when you hear about some of the $hit they did, makes the stuff we did look not so bad. Like my dad says, "where do you think we learned it from?" I'm a saint, so no one can go back and find dirt on me!!! lol

·
Super Moderator
2,515 Posts
It's funny how the older generations always look down their noses at the younger ones
I know my girls were better behaved than me and I’ve told them all so.
Jayne was superb at instilling excellent “street smarts” into them, I was lucky for that!

21 - 36 of 36 Posts