The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
We used to have a header trailer made from an old hay wagon chassis. The 15" tires will be fine, as long as your combine will lift up enough, which it likely will. The only thing to watch out for is the wagon steering. Make sure it's the type that has the pitman arms and a drag link, so the axle stays straight and only pivots the tires. You do not the type that the whole axle pivots, since the tires likely wont have enough clearance to slide under the header when it's sitting on the trailer and you need to turn very sharp.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I made one for my JD 915 flex header on a JD running gear. The frame on the cart is rigid so I can't change it to fit another header. The 15" inch tires work fine with my 9400 combine. Once put a 213 flex header on cart off of a JD 4400 and have to have a deep ditch to get header off cart.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I thought the same about center pivot steering until I just bought one that was made from anhydrous trailer running gear and it pulls nice, though it bounces a bit on rough road. I think part of it is the 12.5x15" tires. It turns as sharp as the pickup can with plenty of tire clearance. It does sit too high with those tires. 7.50's or smaller would be better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.