The Combine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't think I was so attached to Hockey Night in Canada but I feel like I lost may favourite toy or something !!! This self isolation sucks. But I think Old Timers hockey on Monday is still a go. At least I hope so. What's an old guy got left here? The Jet's were finally healthy and starting to make a push, mostly thanks to unbelievable goaltending.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Not so much miss watching the games but there is nothing to watch sport centre for.
I miss my kids atom playoffs more and the local senior hockey league finals that were cancelled.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My grade twelve guy was in high school hockey and they bowed out in the first round so that's over. We are without a senior team here this year. But ya I miss it all. But the final straw will be if they cancel rec hockey on Monday cuz I still enjoy a beer after hockey even more than a hot summer beer or even a beach holiday beer. But they're all good, who am I kidding. Strange times accented by the lack of the worlds greatest sport in March. Those of you with younger kids still at home have lots to do to keep them occupied but with just one older one left, man it's QUIET!

·
Registered
3,946 Posts
So the Moose Jaw warriors are having a simulated game with Prince Albert tonight. It’s played through EAsports, which is the biggest name in video game sports. My young kids are pumped to watch it. There could be a huge marketing opportunity here for nhl and easports etc.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Can the Winnipeg jets still qualify if the season were to end. Darren Dreger want over a wide variety of ways to end the season. ROW maybe?Whats the fairest way. Battle of alberta would be cool.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Can the Winnipeg jets still qualify if the season were to end. Darren Dreger want over a wide variety of ways to end the season. ROW maybe?Whats the fairest way. Battle of alberta would be cool.
Depends which stat they go by. Right now they are in Wild Card spot 1 which would put them against Vegas in round 1.

But there's teams with games in hand. So to be fair they'd either have to let the other teams play those games so everyone has played 71, which would give both Vancouver and Nashville pretty easy chances to kick them out as they are both at 78 points, Jets are at 80 and both those teams would have to play 2 games to end up at 71.

Honestly I think they will just kibosh the whole season and playoffs. She's over and done with, see ya in the fall.

·
Registered
97 Posts
To all the 20-50 year old guys with wives/girlfriends, I say stay safe and keep your stick on the ice.
With little else to do but stay home I predict there will be a huge birthrate jump in 9-10 months!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Love the proposed 24 team playoff format. Even habs fans get a chance to raise lord Stanley! Jets vs Flames would square off.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Love the reruns of the 80s nhl. Kids cant believe all the hacking and fights. Nice to show the kids gretzky and super Mario. Hoping for some 60s and 70s reruns!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Perogy supper was cancelled, just saying lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts