The Combine Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
I am pissed at the SHA shutting down minor hockey myself. We had a midget team 3 games from winning provincials and the same for league. Bantams were about to play for league finals as well. School wasn't even closed yet here when they decided. It was a hockey Canada thing which other provinces were infected way worse at the time. We were at practice when SHA posted the yr was over. So many sad kids. We had 2 cases in Saskatchewan at the time. At the time I wish SHA would have changed the time frame to finish season quicker, and limit it to parents and players only but not. 7 days we could have wrapped it up. A lot of these midget boys were in their final yr and I feel so sorry for them. No hockey and no grad likely now. I blame the WHO and govt for this. Planes should have been grounded instantly but they weren't. This garbage could have been over by now if policies were put in place early on. Would have been 4 weeks of world turmoil to nip this in the bud, but now months. Everyone was worried about short term economic effects and left planes flying.But now because of this we will suffer long term economic effects with planes not flying. Real stupidity. Especially here when our govt was mad about Trump not notifying the Canadian gov't shutting down travel to Europe. Are these Liberals that stupid.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Yep, cancel kids hockey in the middle of nowhere, Manitoba, Saskatchewan etc but plane loads of people incoming from China flu hotspot, Wuhan? Roll out the red carpet! o_O

·
Registered
252 Posts
I miss hockey too! Watching reruns of games from earlier this year and Red Wings cups in 97-98! 02 and 08 will be next week I’d guess on NHL network!

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
Hockey became like baseball. To long and boring.
NFL on the other hand 16 games. First as important as the last

Reactions: kevlar

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Hockey became like baseball. To long and boring.
NFL on the other hand 16 games. First as important as the last
I agree. The best hockey season I ever watched was the year they striked and had a shortened season, every game mattered. It might just be me, but I find it hard to get into a hockey mood when I'm finishing seeding and it's 30 degrees out. Hockey is a winter sport. Late October start date and have the playoffs done by mid to late April.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Late 90’s Was in Douggie weight winning it in Overtime in Dallas ???

Or 14 years ago When the oil were going to Raleigh in game 7 - I was edge of my seat , tuned in ... disappointed, but worth watching every minute of playoffs that year...? Fernando Pisane, who?

In 2017- when zack Kassian was demolishing Sharks and When that piece of shiiit Kesler was pulling Talbots pads open for the tying goal with 12 seconds or something left .. , still on edge of seat , mad as hell .. but great hockey

And Jesus fkn Christ this year , might have been back on that same edge ... if not for the China’ Virus ... but the oil were playing some good team hockey ,don’t think they were deep enough on D to make it far...

Just sayin- playoffs are absolute best hockey EVER , and when the oil are there even better

21 - 38 of 38 Posts