The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
This formally hemp oil Canada and Manitoba hemp harvest if I'm correct. We had a hemp contract with hemp oil Canada where we had nothing but problems. We feel the over contract on purpose to force farmers into a take whatever they can sell it for to move it. Their contracts Might as well be toilet paper. We were contracted for .75 cents/lb and after a year and a half of them jerking us around they told us we wouldn't get our contract price but they could help us out and take it for .25cents.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Most contracts might as well be toilette paper.

·
Registered
213 Posts
They stuck it to me back 2009. What was supposed a contract for $1.25 per pound (organic) ended up being a giant kick in the seeds.

Contracted 130 tonnes or three super B loads. All loads harvested same time frame, dried, aspirated, bin fan never shut off, loaded from same bin.

Shipped the first load and they praised the quality..
Shipped the second load and they praised the quality.. Guy at cleaning plant told my truck driver "finally got some good quality for blending"
Got paid for the first load with heavy deductions and dockage. After a phone call they said they would make it right...
Shipped the third load, lost all communication. After 9 months of scrambling around and Lawyer letters got a final cheque. They hosed me 50% dockage on the second and third loads for various reasons. Then down graded for other reasons.... Even charged me for disposal fees because they said was not marketable. I was aniticpating $300k and only ended up with $80000

My Lawyer is a friend and reminded me "your first loss is always the easiest one"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts