The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard through the grapevine that Maple Farm Equipment has sold out to the Jim Pattison group out of BC. Not sure what this means as far as day to day business, but the ownership is changing for sure. My guess they would need to retain management as this appears to be a new sector for the buyers. Will be interesting to see what changes, if any, result from the sale!

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
ive been waiting for this to get on here i herd that a week or more ago i didnt wanna be the one to post it first lol

i expect it will land up like RME and will know what happend there

·
Super Moderator
3,371 Posts
What does Maple Farm equipment sell/where located and just one location?
That is a weird fit for the Pattison group but Jimmie does not lack the adventurous sprit!

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Balcarres, moosimen, wynyard and Russell.

JD, Bourgault, Brandt, seedmaster ,Leon, Bobcat, macdon, rem, degelmen, unverferth, Brent

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I just checked out the Jim Pattison website. 7.5 billion dollars in sales and 35000 people employed. He has his fingers in everything. Will be very interesting to see how this plays out.

·
Premium Member
5,497 Posts
I wonder why a guy like this wants to get into ag at the end of a boom cylcle? I think the dealers are going to have some leaner years coming up.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
i was told he has fingers in many pies but agriculture i havnt looked it up just what i was told maybe a way of loosing ash to pay less tax lol

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I believe he owns Sobeys as well. Maybe he wants to vertically integrated in extracting every dime out of the agro food chain. Maybe he`ll buy out cps next ha ha. The grocery game is dominated by pattison, weston, federated coop, and mcdonalds. Kinda like the ag input suppliers.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
I wonder why a guy like this wants to get into ag at the end of a boom cylcle? I think the dealers are going to have some leaner years coming up.
if you wanted to buy a dealership when would you really want to make an offer, i would walk in when things look very bleak, and low ball them. he made his money with car dealerships i think he see's something in that, the down turn is temporary. Or he is going through an end of life crisis and is trying to make his last marks the deepest. LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts