The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anybody moving winter wheat straight into the US in North Dakota or are there any farmers on here from North Dakota moving wheat into US elevators currently with a bit of FUS. My contracting middle man in Manitoba is making noise that he will not honour my winter wheat contact at anything over 3.2 % fus which is exactly where mine is fence riding. It is bound for North Dakota. Somebody is going to pocket almost 2.00 on the futures side of this transaction and I'm not gonna have a home for my wheat. This is the reason the Prairie Pools were born in the first place. Pity we let them slip away. Canadian companies will move this wheat through Thunder Bay and clean it and sell as normal wheat. They will piss and moan that we are all in the same boat with this wheat crop and that it is a nightmare for them as well. I call BS ! This is nice wheat with 80|% vitreous kernels and high protein for a Manitoba winter wheat. the fus is shrunken and white and will clean on an indent I believe. What is everybody else finding? especially in to US or within US ?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Canadian companies will move this wheat through Thunder Bay and clean it and sell as normal wheat. They will piss and moan that we are all in the same boat with this wheat crop and that it is a nightmare for them as well. I call BS ! This is nice wheat with 80|% vitreous kernels and high protein for a Manitoba winter wheat. the fus is shrunken and white and will clean on an indent I believe.
Hello Wetfarmer
So why don't you clean it or have it cleaned???:confused:
Then you can be a Fat Cat laughing all the way to the bank.;)

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not my job. Didn't you hear from JRI and Paterson? This is a partnership ! We all have our part to do! insert sarcasm symbol here. My cleaning costs and hauling it to and from a custom cleaner will not work out to my benefit. Now they will all want my soybeans because it is easy handle for them. as long as it doesn't freeze and lock some green into them to finish this miserable year off the way it started. Yes my porridge did look a little yellow this morning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts