The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grew fall rye for the first time in ages this year. Have approximately 11,000 bushels to sell and am having a hard time finding buyers. Anyone know of any companies in Saskatchewan that buy fall rye? Been trying the elevators with little to no luck. Please help.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Start trying brokers, also start looking for mills, PH has one by Lethbridge

·
Registered
219 Posts
Unless you are willing to basically give it away you will be storing it till june/july.
It sounds like the US market is pretty much satisfied for the next 6 months with what they grew last year.
I think it has some upside after may as not much got seeded in western Canada or Northern USA with the late crop/crappy weather???
For the price to move much you will usually need wheat to go up first.
And with cattle prices lower and feed grain prices way down there isn't much support from that side either.
Start drinking MUCH more RYE whiskey and eating rye bread I guess.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Change your name to "Jack"

Build yourself one of these only a bit larger

And you should yield 2.4 US gallons/bushel if your process is upto snuff.

Seriously though I'd think sitting on it might be the best option, as long as the wolves aren't at the door. I'm regretting seeding it this fall, it will probably become a plowdown.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Havnt grown any in 4 or 5 years, but we had grown it religiously for years prior, and I would guess we sold about 90% of our rye to Tillbury trucking out of sw Manitoba, they picked it up, no problems with payment, and we're always the best price.

·
Registered
56 Posts
sold mine this year to Cerus global at Northgate. Have sold rye in the past to Terra fuels at Belle Plain, G3, and Vandales

1 - 8 of 8 Posts