The Combine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lookin at buying a swather, came across one of these just wondering if they are a decent machine for the price. Also if I do look at it what are some problem areas I should double check?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Check the frame at the steps... and same point in other side. They crack there...

Check the rubber bung on the bottom of the ffew tank... they rot out.

Check both drops for the front axles... The like to break.

Just weakness with age... just add steel and it'll be good.

Is it a silver or a black cab?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's silver if I remember correctly I'll have to drive by and check. Thanks for the info I'll have to double check those things out. Are they fairly good machines?

·
Premium Member
5,951 Posts
Yup. They are excellent swathers. Check the knife drive. .. If it is converter to a direct overhead orbit drive it has a sch drive... more reliable and increases value over the egc they first came with.

Grey cab units are foot pedal header up/down... Black cab have it on the joystick.

·
Registered
758 Posts
ours was a '89 model with grey cab and it had the header controls on the hydro lever. I think it was the '88 model that had the foot pedals. but yes they are a great swather just check the areas Christian said if they are cracked it was a simple gussit that would fix the legs not a big deal if you can weld.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Massey 200 SP swather and love it. I am in need of a '2 way header valve'. Does any one know where I can get this. I am told this is obsolete.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts