The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1975 Massey 550
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i found a weird 2805 MF on the internet, thought it might be interesting to you guys. Certainly weird, huh? One guy on a forum said it was a real factory thing, another said it wasn't, what do you guys think? I've certainly never heard of a 2885 before. Second i found a 2805 Prototype, according to the owner on the yesterday's tractors forum. It's different too.
Google q=massey+2805+prototype&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwiFl57246j5AhW7lWoFHbDtBOkQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=massey+2805+prototype&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzoECCMQJzoECAAQHjoGCAAQHhAIOgUIABCABDoECAAQGFDbBFizKWDPKmgAcAB4AIABVIgB-AeSAQIxNZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1nwAEB&sclient=img&ei=K2zpYsXVEburqtsPsNuTyA4&bih=649&biw=1366&rlz=1CAUSZT_enUS990#imgrc=D55ztMM45NRaxM

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
It is possible. But I can't say for sure it is the same tractor in the photo above.
There are some clues that add up in this yesterdays tractor post.
Late model 2000 series V8 tractors did have the bosch inline pump.
Electronic 3pt controls came out after the 2000 series on the tractors built in Beauvais and any tractors I have seen that came to Canada were not painted in the flint metallic color on the frame as the Detroit built ones were.
Be interesting to see that is for sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts