The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I was wondering what model of straight cut headers will fit this combine? And can u get adapters for these to fit other brands? I’m pretty sure 750,760 and 850,860 all can fit the same headers? Thanks

·
Registered
507 Posts
the 2381 would be the right straight cut header. the 9000 series will fit but you'd have to do some adapting to drive your reels as they were hydraulically driven on that header. On the 2381 they were belt driven.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi I was wondering what model of straight cut headers will fit this combine? And can u get adapters for these to fit other brands? I’m pretty sure 750,760 and 850,860 all can fit the same headers? Thanks
Bish makes adapters for many brands of combines and headers. I know they made one to mount Deere headers on Massey 760/860 combines. I had one to mount a Deere 925 flexhead on my 860. I sold my adapter as I am no longer farming. They are probably quite hard to find.

·
Registered
964 Posts
the 2381 would be the right straight cut header. the 9000 series will fit but you'd have to do some adapting to drive your reels as they were hydraulically driven on that header. On the 2381 they were belt driven.
I might be wrong, but I think the 2381 had the hydraulic pump and oil reservoir right on the header to run the reels.. also had the big diameter table auger.. I'm sure that was the number of the header he had on our 1981, MF860

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, the 2381 had the hydraulic pump and oil reservoir right on the header to run the reel. The older 1859 headers had the all belt and chain drive. The 9000 series header reels were hydraulic driven from the combine.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Yes the 2381 did have the pump on the header that is why I said it would work on the 760, I ment to say the 1859 would be the all belt drive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts