The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday has anyone had issues with the dash on a massey fergason 8260 tractor blanking out then restarting which inturns puts the transmision into neutral and puts the pto out of drive. Have checked all connections and earths, batteries terminals and fuses none of this has helped. It does it spasmodically but is getting worse. The dealer wants to sell me a new dash for $3400.00 non returnable but I would like to Know if anyone has had the same issues.
Thanks Dave.

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Hey mate cant help you on the issue but some thing like that would be worth calling Agtronics I think it is to se if they can repair, half the time its just a soldered joint or some crap playing up in ECU's and clusters. They have a add in the stock journal ever now and again.

Madsnake

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Madsnake Ill look up Agtronics and give them a call Monday. Still have 45ha of canola to go in but very frustrating stopping every 100 to 200 metres.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Mate just had a re-read of your post. Has some one check that the power and earths are all OK at the cluster? and for that matter ignion to the cluster. I hate makeing a big call on this sort of stuff till Im 100% that the cluster or ECU is the issue.

Have you tryed moving around relays for the ignion? I dont know your tractor so just some stuff I like to be sure of with this sort of issue. Has the dealer had the wiring diagram out? always worth a look so you know were the power, earth and ingnion are coming from for a component.

Madsnake

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes Ive checked the power and earth to the dash,not to the ECU though.
I have had the dash out to just the circuit bourd and used hair dryer to heat it up but wouldnt shut down turn off.Put it all back together start up the engine and then out it went agian!! riggled all connection wouldnt do it again!! If it would stop all together you could trace it but it only stops for 1or 2 sec,the longest about 10 seconds then comes alive again!:( It has stayed on up to 1.30hr then drop out again in and out for awhile the gets over it again, does not matter if you are driving over ground that is bumpy or smooth.

Dave

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally a dealer aquired a spare dash to try that AGCO had , reprogrammed it to the 8260 and haven't had any drop outs...Hooray! So back seeding in the dry! Can use this one until new one arrives.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,452 Posts
Finally a dealer aquired a spare dash to try that AGCO had , reprogrammed it to the 8260 and haven't had any drop outs...Hooray! So back seeding in the dry! Can use this one until new one arrives.

Dave
Good to see they could help, not so bad buy a new dash if you know it will work. Did you try agtronics?

I have not had a need to call/try them yet. Years a go when we had 5288 inter as the main tractor they have a card/moduel for the 2speed power shift and main clutch, every day after 1.5hrs it would stop moving, hit the clutch and go again. We had a new box orded for $1200, got a rain so pulled it out and got a old TV repair block to have a look, just melted all the resion out the back then got it under magnifying glass and found a few joints to resoild. Worked a traeat.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Dave
Hi Looking for some help on problems with a 8260 . My son in law in Australia bought this last year during a covid lockdown sight un seen. it worked ok for a couple of days on a square bailer then started to have problems. Main problem was throwing the pto out and switching 4wd on when this happened also sticking in park or different gears and unable to change gears on the go.
local dealer sent out a mechanic who charged a lot and had no idea except trying different expensive new parts that were not available in Australia.
Error codes coming up were 93, 90, 87, and main one coming up 154.
If anyone has any idea what the fix for this or knows what cause is i would be grateful.
Thanks
John

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I didn't find much on that code 154 but what I did says something about communication error with the autotronic box.
Not sure which box you have on it but the dealer should have known.
It is fairly common for the autotronic box to fail and the wiring on those Beauvais built tractors isn't great either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I didn't find much on that code 154 but what I did says something about communication error with the autotronic box.
Not sure which box you have on it but the dealer should have known.
It is fairly common for the autotronic box to fail and the wiring on those Beauvais built tractors isn't great either.
Thanks for your help we will try those things

·
Registered
346 Posts
Switch above clutch stuffed or loose check wires from controller to back of machine I had a bare wire up top of diff controller behind battery step

1 - 11 of 11 Posts