The Combine Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2006 Massey 9220 with a 2006 5200 header, this header has been giving me grief and is getting rough so I purchased a 2009 5200 header off a newer model swather but can't get it to work. The attachments look the same, I have it all hooked up the header lifts, reels lift, fore and aft works but I can not get the knife to engage or the canvasses. The knife will move a couple of inches and quit, same with the reels. Is there something I need to do to get it working? Please help if you have any ideas.

·
Registered
359 Posts
stab in the dark here, check electrics at plug in think it lets pump know its front is on, o4 model a lot diff to 2012 model

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
It sounds as if you pressure side is allowing flow but the return side is blocked{like plugging in only one hose on a hyd cylinder} If you know which hose is the return make sure its connected properly or that it is the same style as your old header.
If you still have your old header trace the lines to make sure they kept the flow the same on different model years.
Is one header double swath and one not, possibly different flow or wiring to different style of headers.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are both double swath, can see the lines pressure up when flip the switch on...almost like something isn't opening up to allow it to work.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What kind are the couplers to hook hoses up. A bad one will make the system do funny things. Could you swap them out from old header?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the header working except now I can't speed up or slow down the reels or canvas, they run at one speed....any ideas?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
I got the header working except now I can't speed up or slow down the reels or canvas, they run at one speed....any ideas?
Check power at the switch and at the flow meter valve, if the power is ok then maybe the drive motor for the valve has failed or is stuck.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a good chance one of the thrust bearings in one of your hydraulic motors on the header has come apart and has jammed up the hydraulic block on left side of header. Take cover off and screw out the relief valves and the valves that adjust the canvass and reel speed. look for small pieces of steel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts