The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a couple of years now I've been noticing Massey Ferguson has a really great engine transmission combination. How does their quad link suspension compare to Deere's ILS? Anyone ran both? Massey's quad link looks allot like Claas's I assume they are using the same axle suppler

·
Registered
420 Posts
We have been running Massey's for about 12 years now. I used to have an MX135 with their IFS and I thought that rode really nicely. That was replaced with a Massey 7480. It had 380R46 tyres and didn't ride very well because of it. That got replaced with a 7618DVT and we kept the same tyres. It has front linkage and no front weights. I thought that rode worse, which it does, however, when I have had 600kg of water in a tank on the front linkage for ballast it rolls along like a 1970's Citroen :cool:. So, as long as the tractor has enough weight on it to compress the front axle it will ride nicely.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They do have a great engine and trans combo but the front suspension is nothing like an independent setup. It is not a proprietary system, it's a Dana axle and suspension setup. 770 is the model on the larger ones at least. A Lots of different brands use this setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.