The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently had a chance to stroll thru a neighbor's yard that recently passed. The guy way a real interesting person, and a total packrat. Never sold or junked anything.

Buried in the woods was a bunch of Massey equipment - including several MF pulltypes, a MF 82.

Plant Elephant Automotive tire Tree Wood

But what REALLY caught my attention was a Massey-Harris self propelled PICKER. Now, I consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about corn harvesting equipment, but I have never seen one of these before!

Plant Tire Sky Wheel Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tree
Motor vehicle Road surface Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior

You will notice the s/n tag has no model #. Can anybody comment on a model #, approximate year, etc? How they worked, anything?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Recently had a chance to stroll thru a neighbor's yard that recently passed. The guy way a real interesting person, and a total packrat. Never sold or junked anything.

Buried in the woods was a bunch of Massey equipment - including several MF pulltypes, a MF 82.

View attachment 166305

But what REALLY caught my attention was a Massey-Harris self propelled PICKER. Now, I consider myself reasonably knowledgeable about corn harvesting equipment, but I have never seen one of these before!

View attachment 166306 View attachment 166307 View attachment 166308

You will notice the s/n tag has no model #. Can anybody comment on a model #, approximate year, etc? How they worked, anything?
Now if you want one you have to import it from France where they still manufacture this kind. A farmer in Quebec had to do that as it could not find any new ones in North America.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts