The Combine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just need some help in matching a cts2 to a 635d. My dealer says it can not be done on 9010 and 9050series, but I found some info on the net that says it can, but I can not find a bundle part number. Does anyone out there know of this number or do I need to take all the electric valves out and make the front manual and more basic.

Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
statements on the internet aren't always true, (ignore that as I write the rest of this reply) it is not possible to run a 6D series header on a CTSII, unless you completely bolt it rigid and remove all wiring from it and use it as a 930R, which would kind of defeat the purpose of spending that much money on a header. sorry to be so blunt, but thats just kind of the way it is.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
The new 70 series bines use a new electronic/computer system and the new 600D's are only wired for the new software. Dats why!!!

Stupid I know but thats why

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't mind if you are blunt and I'm not offended, but who said I paid retail price for the front. I have spoken to acouple of blokes and they believe that I can pressurise the accumulators so the front will float the same as on manual setting, it just means i can not do it from the cab. The bundles I am looking for to make the 635d talk to the CTS2 is coordinate the raising/lowering the feederhouse as the front lifts or drops. They did exist, but have been pulled as john deere work out software upgrades on 50,60 & 70 series. This is all I know at the moment, but I would like to hear more thoughts from others. I don't care if they are blunt and make me look stupid, but how do I know better If I'm not told?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm told need 80mm rams. I also need a hydraulic/ electrical connection block on the feederhouse, Logistics could be an issue as I see you are in Canada and I'm in Australia

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry but 9770ab is right. The 635D height, float, belt speed etc are all can bus controlled which unfortunately is not compatible with pre 60 series machines as the necessary controllers are not compatible and the wiring harness to the platform is also different to read the different sensors now installed and solenoid for the control of the front

Pre STS machines don't have a can bus so unfortunately the extra control on the 635D will not work. Better off going back to a 936D which can be run on your CTS2 and in my opinion a better front anyhow. Just not centre mounted.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I agree with you, the 936 is far simpler and pretty much bullet proof. It may not be centre mounted, but I have yet to find anyone running on 35 ft tram lines anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts