The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys run the Maurer Mfg. tip up kit on a STS combine. I'm considering going to a 8 row 30" corn head on a 9670 STS from a 6 row 30". We don't run a grain cart and I don't want to give up any grain tank capacity per row, right now we carry 50 bushels per row in the tank (6 rows-300 bushels) , which would mean going to an 8 row would make up need to carry 400 bushels to have the same capacity per row. I just was curious if anybody was doing this? If I go this route, I will get the new combine with 20.8 duals and 28/26 rear tires. Also, how do the new stalk-master corn heads with the lawn mower blades do in good, heavy, corn residue?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Bleed:

We have the J&M extensions with tip-ups and absolutely love em on our 9650sts. Our tank capacity is close to 425bu i believe in 15-17% corn. It really boosts the ability of the combine to handle our 893 deere head.

As far as the new heads go; we talked to our friend in iowa who is one of those guys who trades every year, said the blades cut the stalks too fine and they'd end up in the fence rows bunched up and it was more of a nightmare cleaning them out and burning them than anything so his new head for 09 just has knife rolls.

·
Registered
50 Posts
hey we have a bigtop square four corner hopperon our 9650sts with 420 metric tires for 22inch rows, it holds up to 450 at least, we love it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
We put on on our 9660sts this year and found it to hold right at 400 bushel on level ground. It is great to have the extra capacity. My only suggestion is that you put in a poly auger kit on your loading auger at the same time to reduce wear on it. Its either that or a helper auger from maurer as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm very strongly considering one for 9560. Didn't know if tip up was a fast disconnect or if it had two bolts per section as friend indicated. I try to put in ahead of rain when possible, knees andhips don't like the climbing like they used to. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts